Wednesday, August 31, 2011

NEW BEGINNINGS

In August of 2011, my husband, Adam, and I smiled toothy grins under teary eyes as we welcomed our third baby in our arms. We were so in love with our new baby boy and were familiar with the strength of that love, having experienced something like it several times before. Yet the feeling in the room was unfamiliar. With our first, the feeling was awe and anticipation. With our second, we were naively confident and somewhat exhausted. With our third...it was light. Light like the air on that first crisp, fall-like morning when it isn't quite fall yet...sweet and tender with the scent of flowers still in the air...crisp like the apples that will soon saunter their goodness into pies and sauces and bellies everywhere. Sweet, crisp and surprisingly fresh. We looked into each other's eyes and knew a good change was coming, but in no way did we know how...   It was an unexpectedly difficult year, but none of that really seems to matter when I wake up each morning, because that beautiful freshness that blew into our lives the day our baby was born hung around and it has affected my perspective in ways I could not have believed had my future self visited and showed me the proof in a crystal ball. I find myself more grateful than I think I have ever been. I am more positive on my outlook for what's to come than seems reasonable and I can't wait to see where this crazy journey called life takes us next.   And that, my friends, is what this blog is all about. Sugarplum Pictures. It's about living a life that is sweet and fresh with a positive perspective, and capturing it in pictures. Not just for me, but for anyone that will let me experience it with them. I'm a hobby photographer, happy to photograph my own life and happy to photograph the lives of others. I can find beauty in just about anything, and so I'm claiming this little piece of cyber-space to share my art with whoever takes pleasure in seeing it. And I'm trembling with excitement at the thought of having a space to create and to share. Because what is beauty - what is life - if it is not remembered and not shared?


No comments:

Post a Comment